Trout Point Lodge of Nova Scotia
a boutique hotel in the Canadian wilderness
Web Site Links
Fly to Halifax, Nova Scotia (3 hour, scenic drive)
Airlines Serving Halifax
|Limousine from Halifax,NS to Trout Point Lodge (3 hour drive)||
|Charter flights from Maine to Yarmouth, NS (35 minute drive)||
Twin Cities Air Service
Sail to Yarmouth, the 1st secure port from the US Eastern Seaboard, or nearby Shelburne
Port of Shelburne
Ferry from St. John, New Brunswick to Digby, Nova Scotia
For most travellers, the primary option for getting to East Kemptville is flying to Halifax International Airport and taking the 3-hour scenic drive down the coast.
Trout Point recommend AVIS car rental in Yarmouth: 902-742-3323.
For those wanting to fly and drive, Halifax International Airport lies about 3 hours north of the lodge, and has all major rental car agencies. Trout Point is about 45 minutes from the Shelburne/Ohio exit off of Highway 103, the route south from Halifax. Take the road towards the Ohios.
The Lodge can be reached by car from either Shelburne or Yarmouth. The Lodge is remote, and access is by a 3-mile long dirt-and-gravel road. The Trout Point Road lies off of the East Branch Road, which is off of Highway 203. Driving Directions appear at the bottom of this page.
Written driving directions are also available at the Visitor Information Center in Yarmouth.
Both Yarmouth and Halifax have major car rental agencies. Shuttle service by van from the Halifax metro
area or airport to Yarmouth is available daily from at least 2 services, departing at around 4:00 p.m. We can help you with these arrangements. For more complete travel information and links, please visit www.acadianfarm.com.
FROM THE INTERNATIONAL FERRY TERMINAL AND YARMOUTH TOWN
Exit the ferry terminal and go straight across the intersection. This is Forest Street.
1. Head east from Forest St - go 2.0 km
2. Turn left at Haley Rd - go 1.0 km, through the 4-way stoplight intersection
3. Continue on Hardscratch Rd - go 0.7 km
4. Turn right at HWY-103 - go until the Tusket exit
5. Take the Tusket exit and turn left onto Gavel Road
Continue on Gavel Rd until you come to a "Y" where the Canaan Road starts and there is a yield sign, turn left onto the Canaan Road; do not go towards Quinan! You will stay on the Canaan Road until it ends at the paved Hwy. 203 and you see a sign for Kemptville. The Canaan Road turns to dirt and gravel about half way through.
6. Turn right at HWY-203 - go 1.1 km You will stay on HWY 203 until the East Branch Road in East Kemptville.
7. Stay on 203 passing Campbells Ln and then Jakes Lane
8. Arrive at Kemptville and the Kemptville Store
At Kemptville there will be a white Church and an intersection. East Kemptville is to the right over the Tusket River Bridge. North Kemptville is to the left. This is a brand-new 2-lane bridge.
Continue on HWY 203 until the village ends--there will be no more farm houses or fields, only forest. You will go through a couple of sharp turns and cross a small bridge. Look for the East Branch Road sign. There is a street light at the intersection of HWY 203 and East Branch, Turn left onto the East Branch Road and follow the Lodge signs.
FROM HALIFAX AIRPORT
View Larger Map
From Halifax, the fastest and easiest route is to take HWY 103 south to the second Shelburne exit, where you turn right and go to the East Branch Road in East Kemptville, Yarmouth County
1. From the airport, dead north on Bell Blvd/Boulevard Bell toward Silver Dart 0.8 km
2. Slight right to stay on Bell Blvd/Boulevard Bell (signs for HWY-102/Truro/Halifax/Dartmouth) 1.5 km
3. Merge onto HWY-102 S via the ramp to Halifax/Dartmouth 23.1 km
4. Take exit 3 for Hammonds Plains Rd/HWY-213 E 0.3 km
5. Turn left at Hammonds Plains Rd/HWY-213 15.1 km
6. Slight right onto the HWY-103 W ramp to Hubbards/Yarmouth 0.5 km
7. Merge onto HWY-103 182 km (about 2 hours)
8. Turn right at HWY-203 57.5 km (about 46 mins)
9. Turn right onto the East Branch Road
10. Turn left onto the Trout Point Road
While on Hwy. 203 in Yarmouth County, watch for power poles to begin again and look for the East Branch Road sign. Turn right onto the East Branch Road and follow the signs.
View Larger Map
1. Take Hwy 101 towards Yarmouth
2. Get off Hwy. 101 at the Weymouth exit. From Weymouth, follow the signs for Carleton on Hwy 340.
3. At Carleton, pick up Hwy 203 towards Kemptville and then go towards East Kemptville, following the directions from Yarmouth above.